Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday 07.05.2011 Gynecology Appointment

Started out the day with a massa-ahh-ge, which was wonderful. Leah has gotten good at moving the lymph fluid around. I knew I was uncomfortable and full, but when I got home and saw the difference, I was surprised at how much better my hand, arm, and upper body looked. Thank you, Leah.

A quick shower, then over to the gynecology office.

Very nice there, too. First stop, at the scale. #156 on their scale, which is down a pound and a half from the cardiology office. But does it really count? I like to go same scale to same scale. Blood pressure, 91/63. Hm, a little on the low side, but it's a low normal for me.

The girl who brought me back didn't tell me her name, but she did have a badge on, under the edge of her jacket, and I couldn't see it.

A minute or two later, the doctor came in. She was a woman my age, or maybe a little younger, with dark shoulder length hair and a friendly face. She walked in, smiled, held out her hand to shake, and said Hi, Rhonda Maney.

Now, when a doctor introduces them self with a first and last name, and no "doctor" in front of it, do they want you to call them by their name, or by "doctor"? If I was working with them professionally, I would call them by name, and by "doctor" in front of the patient, but as a patient.... I called her Doctor.

She reviewed what had happened--the one time bright red spotting, coincidentally at the end of the first 30 day generic fill of the Femara, that had been brand name medicine.

She was very reassuring, saying it was probably a fluke, but also that I had done the right thing by coming in and getting it checked out.

We did an endometrial biopsy, to make sure the lining of the uterus is normal cells. I am to go back for a uterine ultrasound next week, (the first day of my vacation) and follow up with her directly after, for results. And yes, the procedure was extremely uncomfortable, causing awful cramping which made me sweat. I did my best to breathe through it, and the discomfort only lasted a couple hours after. Whew.

Glad that's done.

Dan had already left to golf when I got home, so I had a quiet afternoon. I ended up making a salad for myself, and taking a nap after eating.

I still feel a little punky. I think some of that is because of the massage and lymph fluid being moved around.

Tomorrow is a workday for me.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment