Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday 07.14.2011

What a great day!!

Frank ended up arriving about 0430 this morning, minus a driver's side mirror. He said a deer hit it, or maybe it was something on the trailer of the oncoming truck that went by. He said he turned around to look for the mirror and saw a stunned-looking deer standing at the side of the road. There's no fur or anything else damaged on his car, just the mirror. Praise God it wasn't anything worse.

We stayed up talking until after sunrise, and I went back to bed. By then, the scritchy-scratchy noises that I had been hearing in the wall before Frank had come in had stopped. Bats? Mice? Chipmunks?? I don't know, but it creeps me out to hear it.

It was 0940 when I woke. Whoa--I had to get up. Tom was coming down to install the screen room on the deck.

He was here not much later, and he got started. We ended up working until maybe 4pm when we stopped and went to Largent's for food. (it was yummy, by the way) When we got back, he tweaked a few things, and I painted the wood strips that we're going to use to give it a more "finished" look. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. And the best part is being able to sit outside bug-free.

I put the chipmunk bucket out when we got back from the restaurant, and when Tom came back later with KS, we checked it. 2 'monks. Those little buggers have several holes around the foundations again.

The moon is full and clouds are making the most awesome patterns.

Praise and Thank God for this life!!

Temps have dropped to mid to low 60's, which feels cool enough to me for long pants and sweatshirt. Better to sleep---

And I'm tired.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment