Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday 07.30.2011 Gee, It's Good to be Home...

Gosh, the Day was Beautiful Again.

Hot and Humid, an infrequent breeze. Temps high 80's, humidity same.

When I got up this morning I started getting my things together. Frank and Kristen were still sleeping at 0900. They had been out to the fire until at least 0200, and still awake for awhile after coming in. I did what I could in my room--stripped the bed, sorted my clothes and began packing, etc. I had everything packed in there, ready to vacuum, but waited because they were sleeping. The front room got picked up, too.

So I went in and got washed up. It was already high 70's and humid. I was kind of looking forward to being in climate-controlled environment (home! and work), out of the humidity.

It wasn't too much longer and they woke; I breakfasted and continued getting ready to go. I saw J&P motor up, and they came up for a visit. I was glad for the break--it was hot.

They went home for lunch, and Polly came back (by "water taxi") to go out in the boat with us. Kristen attempted (yes, attempted--she almost made it up) to water ski again, and was successful with a grin-full tube ride. Frank had a good water ski, too.

When we got back to the dock, the "water taxi" was called, and Polly left. I went in to continue with the exit chores. I got mostly done, except for the refrigerator, and Polly returned (by land) with her camera, to download/swap photos, while I went in the lake for a quick swim to cool off. One. Last. Time. Ahh.

We hugged and she left. I went through the fridge, sorting the foods, packing the cooler, repackaging some foods to leave the containers there, and got my supper together.

That done, Kristen helped load the car, and I was finally on the road at 6 PM.

Kinda sad, kinda glad.

An uneventful ride home, thank you God, and Gee, did it feel good to come into the garage and carry my belongings in.

It didn't take long to unload, and I've already done 2 of the 6 or so loads of laundry.

I am so blessed to have 2 beautiful homes, and family and friends to share it with.

Life Is Good.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment