Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday 07.25.2011 the 56th anniversary of my birth

I can hardly believe I'm turning 56! Though the body is a little stiff after shorter periods of inactivity, along with other sometimes annoying indications.

I went out for a jog this morning. There was a nice breeze down on the dock--I stood down there to cool off. Sunshine, blue skies...Lovely!!

When I came up the steps I saw the guy who was going to put the new foundation vents in, Derek. He had a little helper with him, his daughter Desiree, who just turned 4. She was a good helper, but more so, my entertainment for the morning. She was anxious to get the job done, because they were going To The Fair! (The Iosco County Fair started today) She was a delight to talk with and listen to.

About halfway through the job, I looked up and saw my brother Bruce walking down the sidewalk. Bruce!! Hey!! What a nice surprise!!

We were visiting, the job done, and I had brought Desiree in to use the restroom. We were going back out, when she stopped, looking at the door. I turned and followed her gaze--Tom and Kathy Sue!!! Carrying a cake!!! Woo Hoo!! A Birthday Party, For Me!!!

What a nice surprise!

We had a nice afternoon. After a bit, I went in to shower, and the boys (Tom, Bruce, and Frank) went to the GC to assemble the new picnic table that Tom had brought. KS and I enjoyed the quiet before going down there ourselves.

What a nice table--thanks, Tom, for your efforts, and also to Jim, Bruce, and Frank for putting it together.

We dispersed for supper. J&P ate at the GC, T, KS, and F went up to Largent's, and Bruce and I had a nice meal at the JC.

We all joined up later for cake and ice cream here at the JC. The Bug-Free Zone worked well for us, including Anne W., to congregate.

After a while, Bruce left, then J&P& A left. The rest of us watched it get dark without slapping mosquitoes. Lovely.

We drifted off to bed. Frank has guests coming, arriving about 2 AM.

Tomorrow I want to go Fish-ing. Hope I find something good....

I sooo enjoyed the day today. I am so blessed to have loving siblings and in-laws and children who share my love of The Lake and our place in God's world.

Thank you. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment