Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday 07.18.2011

Another Hot One. And don't forget the Humidity.

I tried to sleep--and just as I was dozing off, the lightening started. Amazing lightening, lasting maybe 5-10 seconds. Enough to read by. Then the looong rumble of thunder. I didn't want to, but I closed the windows, hoping that the sounds of the rain would put me to sleep. Instead, I saw on the radar that it was fast moving, and watched as it blew through.

The wind came from the west/northwest, so the front of this house was mostly sheltered. There wasn't much movement of the screen room, I was glad to see. And the boats stayed secured at the dock. The whole thing seemed to be over within an hour or less, and it was not any cooler or less humid than before. Ugh.

In the morning, I saw that there was a good-sized tree branch down out in the road. The wind also destroyed the neighbor's large canopy-thing. Two support posts are left in the ground, while the other poles are laying scattered on the ground. The canopy itself flew across the yard and stopped at a tree. It's all bent up, though the fabric is still intact. Lucky it didn't go into a window or cause any damage.

Frank and I spent the majority of the afternoon in Hale. First stop, post office. And there was a line, so I waited.

We also stopped at the dollar store, the grocery store, the hardware store, and the meat store. It was kind of fun hanging around with him, watching what he picks up. We haven't been out like that together in a long time.

Back at the JC, Frank put the groceries away, and I started supper. That turned out yummy.

I had finished cleaning up the kitchen and was just going out onto the deck to read when I look up and see...KS and Tom in their boat!!! What a nice surprise!!

KS came in while Tom fished a bit before coming in. We had a nice visit; the wind picked up (which felt about 10 degrees cooler) and they left before the storm came in.

But it never did.

It's only a little cooler this evening. Maybe the humidity has decreased??

I've felt pretty good again today.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment