Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday 07.08.2011 Doctor Day

I went out for a jog this morning, before breakfast. I did have a half a banana and drank some water before going out. I showered and dressed before eating.

At Dr. Williams' office, (oncology) the girl who poked me twice and missed called me back. Stop at the scale--#158. Down 11 pounds on their scale. Blood pressure was low again, 96/58, but that's ok. She reviewed my history and meds in the computer, and I asked if there was time for a lab draw. She said sure--and remembered the attempt a couple weeks ago. I was surprised at how clearly she remembered. And about the mix-up with the lab. Anyway, right off, she says she's going to get the other girl. Then she puts the tourniquet on my arm.

She found a vein, and one poke later, she had the blood. I think she felt better about poking me.

Doctor came in after 10 minutes or so.

They each bring in their laptop--he opened it and sat down to peruse it. While I like the whole electronic medical records concept, he spent about 40 minutes with me, clicking around on the computer, occasionally typing. There was limited "eyeballs on me" time--maybe 10 minutes total? I felt that he was busy thinking with the computer instead of the patient. So, I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm using the computer in the patient room.

There are plus sides to the computer--he had seen the other appointments I've had, looked at all the lab results, and looked for the endometrial biopsy result. It wasn't back/in the computer yet. He's pleased with the weight loss, encouraged me to continue doing what I'm doing, and electronically re-ordered my meds to the pharmacy that I use. I'll see him again in February 2012, after an MRI of the breasts and lab work.

From there I went to Meijer. I got what I wanted, and then some.

Back home, I put that away, had a snack, and when Dan got home from golf, I fixed us a lovely dinner.

He goes back to work tomorrow, and will leave in the morning.

It's been a nice week off for him.

I still had a naggy headache this morning. I think it was of a migraine variety--after tylenol/motrin/and a dab of codeine, the pain cycle was interrupted. Tonight it's just a little sore.
Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment