Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday 06.22.2011

I slept pretty good during my intervals. I heard Dan up about 0420 and talked with him until he left about 0430, then went back to sleep listening to the birds.

Since my blood test was to be a fasting test, I didn't have breakfast.

Over at the Oncology office, a different girl called me back. She tried twice but didn't the blood. Another girl, who I didn't recognize either, came up, and the first girl started talking to her. Just as they were talking, Latea ?sp came up the hall. She recognized me and came into the area, and I asked her if she would do my draw. She had a slight hesitation, but set her paper down and took over, getting in on her first try. I thanked her, and sat there for a few moments before leaving.

A beautiful day outside.

I stopped at home and mixed up an "Instant Breakfast" and went to Jackson to pick up Sandy and Allison. From there we went over to a co-worker/friend's house for her "First Annual Nature Day". She is a Master Gardener with a beautiful yard (you can imagine) and a 10-year interest in Monarch butterflies. She was very organized, having set up "stations" where we saw the Monarch eggs on the milkweed (and only milkweed) plants, learned about the migration and life cycle, saw her (unfortunately empty) butterfly cage, and saw a hummingbird nest she had collected. After all that, she fed us lunch, and everyone received a parting gift. It was very nice, fun, and informative. I enjoyed it, and I think Sandy and Allison did, too.

We had just gotten in the car to leave when it started pouring rain. What good timing!

Sandy wanted to stop at the store, and we went to a few, browsing, getting some items she wanted.

It was pouring really hard when we got back to her apartment and unloaded. We were all soaked to the skin.

I didn't stay, and by the time I had gone the short distance to the highway, the rain had all but stopped. Not much farther, just drying pavement and a few puddles here and there.

It had rained in Holt, too, and the traffic signal was out at the corner. Hm.

I had enough time to fix and eat my supper and talk with Daniel before going to the Clubhouse for a meeting.

Back at home, I'm getting tired, and ready for bed.

I hope to sleep. The temperature is below 70, and the humidity is down, too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment