Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday 06.09.2011

Wednesday was sooo hot--mid 90's and humid. A great time to be at the lake. It was too hot to do much of anything other than sit outside in a shady spot that had a little breeze. The inside of the cabin stayed pretty comfortable (thanks to the new insulation?) until evening, when the humidity oozed it's way inside.

Frank and I went up to the Long Lake Bar for supper, meeting Jim and Polly there. We had some laughs and good conversation to go along with the good food.

An electrical storm moved through sometime after dark; most of the night was lightening and some intense thunder. So I'm told. I had the good fortune to return easily to sleep after waking. It was sometime after 3 am when I noticed that the temperature of the air coming in through the window had finally cooled off.

This morning it was only 62 degrees, and the temp continued dropping throughout the day. Windy and cool, 54 degrees when Dan and his friend Al, and Frank, got our dock put in. Frank cleaned our eaves (BIG thanks to Frank) and trimmed a branch over the roof. I raked the remainder of the leaves and got that debris burned. Dan and Al went off golfing, while Frank and I went to the GC to help Jim and Polly put the sailboat and fishing boat in the water. I had to put air in the tires of the van first, though. J&P had their own tire adventures today, too.

Frank and I came home and rested, which was really nice. When Dan and Al were done golfing, we picked up J&P and went up to Big Bob's restaurant for a good bbq rib dinner. Al wanted ice cream, and we all went over to the Hale Ice Cream store.

We had a quiet evening back at the JC.

Tomorrow Dan and Al will leave in the morning to go to their golf tournament. Frank and I will have to go home sometime tomorrow. Hope it doesn't rain.

I've been feeling pretty good. Especially since I slept last night.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment