Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday 06.18.2011

What a lovely day!

I woke mostly rested, though if I had not wanted to get up to The Lake I would have slept another hour. As it was, I got up about 8:30.

I checked the weather for today and tomorrow, and today was definitely the better travel day. So, I breakfasted and got ready to go.

A safe drive up, thank you God. First off, right in Lansing, a traffic jam due to an accident. I was surprised that a couple of the construction areas were pretty backed up. All in all, though, it was a good drive. And I have to say, I love my van. But not the gas mileage.

I was extremely disappointed that it figured out to be only 16 mpg. That's why it's going back to the lake where it can be useful when necessary.

I got the car out of the garage and put the van in, thanking it for it's service these last few days.

We have Jacque family people at the JC, who were out at that time; I went down to the GC to see who was there, as well as eat my lunch before getting back on the road.

Much to my pleasant surprise, I saw lots of my "folks"--KS, Anne, Bruce, Tom, Sunday, Dave, Malaina, Sophie, Ollie, Kim, Jasmine, and Sam, as well as Keith and Mary. We sat in the sun or shade, as preferred, and visited, and I worked on my lunch inbetween people coming in.

It was kind of windy again today, but warm enough that some of our group were in the water having fun. It sure looked good. There's nothing like fun at The Lake.

An uneventful drive home, thanks again.

I'm kind of tired, and hope to rest well tonight. Tomorrow I want to jog, and maybe get a few groceries.

I'm feeling pretty good, too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment