Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday 05.31.2011

Another workday.

It started out this morning, me leaving the house a little later than usual, because I put fresh syrup in the hummingbird feeder. Which needed cleaning, I found out after I had taken it down. And I remembered that, oh yeah, it does tend to get yucky and need cleaning when refilling.

Birds fed, I got on the expressway. And just a few miles down the road, there is a car off on the shoulder with it's emergency flashers on. As I get nearer, I see a deer lying in the road, and as I pass the vehicle beyond it, the hood is crumpled.

The realization is that my delay may have prevented ME from hitting that deer. Thank you God for keeping me safe.

We had a good day at the hospital, with a good group. The hospital's air handling system "failed" today, though. Mid afternoon, 88+ degrees outdoors and humid, and the building is getting warm and stuffy. It was uncomfortable; patients, visitors, and staff were all too warm and making comments. Before we left, though, there was air movement, even if it wasn't cooled. Ugh.

I was happy to get in the car with the a/c.

A quiet evening at home, and I'm hoping to sleep in the morning.

Tomorrow is an appointment with Leah. I'm ready.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment