Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday 05.28.2011

Finally posting.

I worked on Thursday, and I was glad that I had found someone to work for me in the afternoon so that I could attend a meeting. As it turned out, there was a meeting to follow that one, which I was "intended" to attend. I was not aware that I was supposed to be a part of that meeting also. I went back to the floor and checked in with my co-worker--she was ok with staying. It was a good meeting; I learned a lot.

I got back to the floor a little after 6, and I offered her to leave if she wanted, but it was so crazy busy that I jumped in and helped. Telephones, call lights, patient needs, Oh My! Sometimes it seems like it never ends.

When I got home, I wasn't sure that I was going to drive to The Lake or not, but I found myself gathering the last minute odds and ends and packing the cooler. I had also considered taking a rest before leaving, but I was too anxious, so I going.

A safe drive up, thank you God, and I arrived at the Jacque Cabin just after midnight.

Cold, 40 degrees, windy.

The furnace fired up, the bed turned on, I unpacked and unwound.

Friday was cold and windy. The thermometer showed 52, but it felt a lot colder.

Tom and Kathy Sue came to visit me after breakfast, then they went back to the GC. I went out for a jog, then showered and went to the GC to help with putting in the dock. I raked some, too. It was so cold and windy, even the warm sun wasn't enough to keep us outside.

We warmed up, then I went back to my place for supper.

Tom, KS, and Anne picked me up later to go into Hale to visit the new ice cream shoppe, The Victorian Room (I think is the name of it). KS' friend is the owner. While we were there, KS' sister and husband came in, and we visited with them, too.

When they dropped me back at the JC, I went over to Evelyn and Bob's to visit with them. They were in the midst of assembling a kitchen island--you know, the furniture you buy that comes in a box with a million pieces and you have to put it together.

Between the three of us we got it figured out and assembled correctly. And it looks real nice!

The wind finally quieted down by midnight.

Today, Saturday, it was still cool, low 50's, heavy overcast and occasional drizzle the first part of the day. I went to the property owner's association meeting in the morning. By late afternoon there hadn't been any more rain, and I thought I would try to burn some of the twigs and leaves if they were dry enough.

And they were. I ended up raking and burning the leaf and twig debris from the front and side yards. I enjoyed the fire, and the boats started coming out, too. It's funny to see people out on the water with winter coats, hats, and blankets.

By nightfall, the clouds were breaking up. Maybe tomorrow we'll have a nice day?

I have to go home, so that I can work on Monday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment