Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday 05.30.2011 Memorial Day

I got home last night uneventfully. Daniel had called me in the afternoon to alert me to the severe storms that were developing "down state". I watched the weather radar and decided to wait another hour or so, and chose to travel down 127 instead of 75.

It turned out to be a good choice. The roads were mostly dry, with only a slight mist once that I had to turn the wipers on and smear the bugs around.

But when I got home, there was no power in the complex. Ugh.

Candles and flashlights. I was able to shower, though, which was what I needed.

And I turned on the computer, thinking I had enough battery time to post. Silly me--no electricity means--no modem!!! I laughed out loud at myself, turned the computer off, and went to bed.

This morning there was still no power. Boo. I got ready for work by the battery lantern, lit the gas stove with a lighter to prepare breakfast, manually opened/closed the garage door again, and went to work.

We had a busy day, with a good crew. And an 8 hour shift, which makes it much more better.

After work, I picked up my friend Sandy and her daughter, who are now here in Michigan, from their apartment, and took them shopping. She needed stuff, at a good price. We started at Big Lots, and they selected everything on the list, and came in under budget. Woo Hoo!!!

Next stop Kroger, for fresh food, then back to the apartment. By the time we got the car unloaded and carried upstairs, it was 7 pm. I left to come home.

And the power was on!!! Yippee!!!

So I did a couple loads of laundry and caught up a little on the computer.

Tomorrow is a work day for me.

I'm feeling pretty good; some shoulder/upper back soreness, maybe from raking and burning yesterday?? And my hips are "tight", too. Hm.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment