Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday 05.13.2011 Lucky Day

I was dressed and about to "do" my hair and face when... the phone rang. So my stomach tightens, and I take a deep breath, and answer it. I'm "on-call". And probably won't be needed on my unit. The anxiety is wondering if I'll have to go in and float to another unit. After several minutes of angst, I decide to put my 'jammas back on, but leave my work clothes out, as if I'll be needing them. Kind of a superstition--maybe if I leave them out, I won't need them.

I went back to bed, and did go back to sleep. The phone did not wake me again, though the birds were noisy. I was happy to see 0918 on the bedside clock.

I was reading after breakfast, trying to ignore the naggy headache, when my sinuses all-of-a-sudden drained. Uh Oh. I recognize that as the type of migraine that I have. I took some tylenol, motrin, and less than a half of a tylenol with codeine, along with a fresh brew, and within a half hour or so, the actual pain was gone. I still felt a little yucky, though.

And since I could, I went in and took a nap.

I slept about an hour, and felt better when I got up.

It's been a pretty day, quiet, temps in mid 80's.

I had something to eat, and about 7pm I though I'd better get some exercise, and went out for a jog. After I got out there, the sky to the north was ominous thunderstorm. I decided to continue, though, as I didn't see lightening in the clouds, or hear thunder. My jog was a little faster tonight.

The rain started an hour or so after I got back, and it's been raining the rest of the evening so far.

Tomorrow I'm going to see "Chicago" at the Wharton Center with Leah. I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment