Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday 04.20.2011

I slept pretty good, only hearing a few minutes of a thunderstorm that others said was pretty intense.

After breakfast and a weather.com check of the conditions at Long Lake, I decided to go up for a few days. I started gathering and packing...

I had a good appointment with Leah. She always does a good job, and I feel better when I leave. Thank you Leah.

Back home, I finished packing, loading, fixed a bite to eat, and left, stopping at Meijer on the way to get some fresh veggies and a rotisserie chicken.

A safe drive up, thank you God, and to my surprise, there was snow on the ground, more of it the closer I got to the cabin. About 3 inches here, and the lake is open, about 38 degrees when I arrived.

So beautiful. A pair of mallard ducks, a pair of canada geese, a pair of loons, and a muskrat were swimming around out front.

The furnace fired up and heated the cabin nicely. I've had a lovely evening, settling in and enjoying it.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. Kind of depends on the temperature.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment