Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saturday 04.23.2011

I slept well, waking a few times during the night. It rained and blew until about 4, when I woke to stillness. Ahh. (Except I start hearing things..., and I listen to the radio for a bit) I saw daylight, but through low dark clouds, and wind. Ick.

I got up about 9, watching the lake for a while. The clouds are moving fast, with kind of quiet water. At times, though, throughout the day, the water would get really rough; whitecaps. And then it would quiet again.

I finished my indoor jobs; vacuuming, cleaned the kitchen, put the furniture back in place. I sure wanted to go outside. The temperature showed 50, but it's overcast, with a few breaks in the clouds. The buffleheads and mallards are busy going along the shore, first one way, then the other.

Outdoors, the wind was much cooler than I had hoped. I walked down to the end of Onawa, then back along the seawalled shoreline back to the JC. There are lots of sticks and small branches down, so I got the rake and gathered them. My hands were a lot warmer with my work gloves on.

While I was out in the back yard looking at the shelter, Bob was talking to me through his window, saying he thought the cover could be adjusted/tightened. I looked at it again, and found that indeed, it was the door/end piece that needed adjusting. OK, did that.

I tried to sit in a sheltered place in the sun, but the wind was swirling. I sat alongside my house on the glider, enjoying the afternoon.

I got chilled, though, and went inside for supper. That was yummy. Now what??

I copied the pics from my phone to the computer, and thought, I could go home tonight, and not have to leave in the morning. So, I finished packing up and headed south.

Home about 0030. Ahh, it's good to be home.

Another safe drive, more thanks giving.

Happy Easter

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment