Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday 03.18.2011

Wednesday afternoon; Dan had picked up an upholstered chair and a small kitchen/dining room table from one of his friends. Since the back of his car was open, we opted to drive over to the trailer in the "nice" weather. The table is a perfect size, thank you Lee, and the chair is nice-looking and comfortable. Thank you again. (I'm looking forward to the loveseat, too...) Dan went to bed, and I thought I would be "all that" and blog from my phone, like I thought I had set up. But I wasn't able to, and it turned out to be a User Malfunction, as I figured out tonight. *sigh*

Thursday, Dan went to work, I snoozed a while more, listening to the birds. With the woods and fields and the lake, the birds are different than what is near the condo, more like the birdsong at The Lake. The weather turned into a beautiful spring day--I took a kitchen chair out onto the back porch and sat in the sun to enjoy my breakfast, overlooking the field and the trees. I left the doors open, and opened the one window that I could, to air the place out. I spent the day washing the walls of all but one of the closets, bathroom cabinets, kitchen drawers and cupboards high and low, two large dressers/drawers, a bedside stand, walls, doors and door jams, etc. I found lots of mouse "activity", two boxes of D-con, and one dead mouse, the dead mouse being "fresh dead", in a place where it wouldn't have been found without persistently searching for the smell. (although now I know where to look). There was a small cube, or dorm size, refrigerator left out in the shed, that the previous owner had said worked, and I brought that in and cleaned it up. After an hour or so of removing mildew and other assorted refrigerator yuck, I plugged it in and turned it on. It worked! Now we have a little fridge.

I also discovered leaky plumbing connections under the kitchen sink. Boo. I'm not sure how handy Daniel is with plumbing, or if it's something he would prefer someone else to do. But overall, the place is cleaning up nicely. One more day of cleaning will finish the entry/mudroom/laundry room addition area. And then I can enjoy the surrounding area when I go over there.

Dan got home about 7:30 pm. We chatted, and I showed him what I had done. As I was loading my car, one of the neighbors came out. They introduced themselves as Mark and Margaret, the assistant park managers. They seemed to be nice people, and he offered his assistance with odd jobs and such. I'm sure we'll be contacting him in the future.

I left and got home around 10:45 pm. It was 62 degrees in Holt!! After unloading the car and putting things away, I went right to bed.

Today I felt pretty good. Yesterday I had starting getting sore in the afternoon, but took tylenol and motrin, which relieved that discomfort. I thought I might be sore again today, and I was, just a little. Nothing that needed medicine for.

I went out for gas and groceries, and caught up on the email stuff. I also went out for a nice walk this afternoon, though it was blustery and 50 degrees.

Tomorrow is a workday, and Dan will be home tomorrow night, too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment