Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday 03.04.2011

Last night, after working 12 1/2 hours, the Notary Public guy came to our home to sign the papers on our refinance for the lake property. Ohmygosh. Dan had worked, too; we were both pretty tired. Going through a sheaf of papers that was probably 1 inch thick. No kidding. Every piece had either signatures, initials, and/or date to be written on it. Several of them the notary guy had to sign, too.

It was an interesting process, and long. We started signing papers shortly after 9, and the guy finally left just after 11. Dan and I took the time to look at each document, trying to remember about the terminology and everything we had talked with the lender about (several times).

Today I had to fax, again, a couple of documents that didn't show in their system, but I have confirmation of that had been faxed. And had a very long conversation with the primary person I've been dealing with. I also had to drive to Jackson to take care of the financial end of the transaction. The process still isn't complete, but were 200 pages closer than we were. Amazing.

I had a safe drive both ways, thank you God. We had ice/freezing rain here this morning, which had contributed to many crashes. It was lightly raining in places on my way down, and on the way back it was trying to dry up, but sprinkling at home.

I finished the numerous phone calls I had to make, and still have a couple of leftover items on the to-do list for today. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

As far as comfort, I'm pretty good. Tired, though.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment