Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday 02.17.2011

Interesting day... I was up and having a good morning, all the while thinking the back of my neck was tight, and my sinuses were swollen. Then Wham!! I had a migraine. I believe it's what's called a migraine attack. The right side of the inside of my head hurt, the back of my head at the right side of the base of the skull, and my sinuses felt like they were squeezing. Very different onset of pain than I've had before. And nausea. I took one of the Maxalt tablets and laid down on the bed.

I dozed and let the medicine work; it usually does within 20 minutes or so. Of course the phone rang during that time. I ended up laying down for about 40 minutes. When I got up I took 1000 mg of tylenol and 600 mg ibuprofen for the ouchy soreness that the brain spasm caused. Yuck. The right side of my face was numb, too. (all of these symptoms have happened while at the doctor's office; that's when he figured out it was migraine, not stroke or anything like that)

When those meds kicked in, I went out to do the errands I was going to do when the attack happened. Food for us, fuel for the car.

Back at home, I was a little tired and closed my eyes for a few minutes.

I had supper, did some yoga, and did a load of laundry after Dan got home from work.

We both work tomorrow.

My head is just a little sore, and my face still has a low level of numbness. That migraine stuff is sure weird.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment