Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday 02.21.2011 Snow Day

I got up to go to work. I looked out the window, seeing more snow than I've ever navigated in with the G6. My "rule" is to at least try to make it out of the complex to the main road; from there it's a mile to the highway. We had about 6-8 inches of snow on the ground, with drifts. I had just gotten my jammas off when the phone rang. I wondered if someone was just checking to see if I would be able to come in... But, no, I was "on call". I was relieved that I wouldn't even have to attempt going out in this.

Dan chose to go to work, hoping that the roads would be cleared.

He called about 15 minutes after leaving, saying there were vehicles stuck in the snow at the entrance to the complex, and that I probably wouldn't have gotten through. Holt Road hadn't been plowed yet, and he was going to continue on.

He called again after 9 am, saying he had arrived. After a trip off the road and an hour long wait for a tow truck to pull him out. For $100. Geesh. The good news is that no damage was done to either Daniel or the vehicle.

I had a good day, watching the snow continue to fall. I did some reading, polished some glass and furniture, caught up on household paperwork and filing. Dan got back home about 3:30, saying the roads were improved, but not great. He started our income taxes.

I also did a couple loads of laundry.

We had a quiet evening, and he went on to bed, even before falling asleep in the chair!

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us, although one of my co-workers called to offer that if I couldn't get in, she would work for me, to call her in the morning and let her know. Thank you, Dawn, that's very thoughtful of you.

I'm feeling pretty good today, overall. Slightly sore muscles from the yoga sequences that should be ok in a day or two.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment