Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday 01.26.2011

It was a beautiful day at the lake. Gray, overcast, just an occasional light breeze, and hovering at 31-32 degrees. The phone rang first thing (0800). It was Natalie, from Brian's Plumbing and Heating. "Did someone call you yesterday to let you know that your job has been moved to tomorrow, Thursday?" Um, no... "James might be able to come out this afternoon. Would that be ok? And he'll call first, for sure." Ok, I told her. Thanks for calling.

So now I have a day to do whatever I want to. Hm. I'll start with clearing the driveway again.

After breakfast and stretching to warm up, I went outside and started shoveling. I paced myself, going kind of slow, and was glad when the phone rang a couple of different times so I could have a break. There was maybe 4-5 inches more since last time I was here. Way different than last year. The lake is completely covered in snow, with no bare areas of ice showing that I can see from the house.

I was just about done with the majority of the drive when Bob and Evelyn came back from wherever they went. They got their shovels and a snowblower and helped finish up the end of the driveway, as well as up by the garage, where it had drifted. He was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get out, and cleared enough of an area that I can pull up and turn around. Thanks, Evelyn and Bob, I sure appreciate the help. I hope I can shovel snow when I'm 80 years old.

I came in, fixed food, and ate. Natalie called to say James was on his way, and he arrived a short while later.

He looked at the furnace and heater and where they went and such, and determined that it would probably be a half a day job. He and another guy will be here in the morning.

He left, and I enjoyed a shower. Those shoveling muscles are starting to tighten up a little bit.

Tomorrow I'll be leaving after the furnace job is done.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment