Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday 01.19.2011

We got up and to the hospital by 0600 for Daniel to check into the Cardiac Recovery Unit. The nice nurse Lori got him ready to go, then we waited. And waited more, as we were told that Doctor had an emergency, that Dan would be next when Dr. Karve was finished. And so he was.

I had a "normal" wait time in the waiting room, looking at the monitor that shows where he is in the process, by color. When he finally went into the procedure room, it was an hour and a half before the Doctor came out to tell me what had happened.

First, he said all the stents look good. The right coronary artery, the one that had the 4 stents put into it initially 2 years ago, had another blockage, 90% blocked, and he put another stent in to open it. The left one looked good, he said. Someone came out to get me about 15 minutes later, and I accompanied Dan and staff back to the recovery unit.

He did really well. After a couple hours, I realized that he looked different. Like he has color in his face. Not the gray tones he had been. Imagine!!

The rest of the afternoon/evening has been quiet; I stayed there most of the day, coming home for a supper break, then going back up this evening. He'll be staying in the room in the recovery unit overnight and discharge tomorrow. So far, there is no sign of the rash/reaction that he had the previous times. Thank you God for that. His blood sugar is still elevated, but there is insulin ordered, and it's slowly coming down some.

I'm tired. My back and shoulders were a little sore from the shoveling I did yesterday, but is a little better tonight. I am scheduled to work tomorrow; Dan will have a quiet house to come home to rest in.

Thank you for your prayers, messages, and phone calls.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment