Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday 01.18.2011

It snowed all night, finally stopping about 0930. Looks like maybe 5-8 inches. I'll have to shovel today to get my car out so I can leave. I'd love to stay and play in the snow...

I had gotten the car uncovered and started on the area by the garage. Bob drove up and down the driveway a couple of times again, saying his snowblower was in the shop, but was done, and he would be picking it up this afternoon. He said he'd blow the driveway for me. I kept shoveling, as I'm not sure when that will be, and I want to leave after the appraiser has been here.

I looked up and saw a car--he was early. Which was ok. He walked around outside and did what he needed to, then we went inside. He looked around, took measurements and pictures. We chatted for a minute and he left.

I shoveled some more, getting not quite halfway down the drive. But I think I'll be able to drive through. The county snowplow truck had come through as Bob was in my driveway, but the driver was considerate as to how he moved the snow on the road. It was cool that he didn't push the snow into the ends of our driveways. I don't know how he did it.

I put my things away, closed up the garage, and got the camera to go for a walk. I took lots of pics. The drifts in the yard were almost knee deep. Fun! Wish I could have stayed and cross-country skied.

Back inside, I got ready to go. Bob and Evelyn stopped over--Bob loaded the car for me, and Evelyn took the trash. They are great neighbors. I got on the road about 4 pm.

A safe drive home, thank you God. The highways were mostly dry, and the two lane roads up there were plowed, snowy, and drive-able.

Dan got home just after I did. I unpacked and showered. Tomorrow Dan is having another cardiac catheterization. We are both a little edgy about it, considering that the last time he had it done it was a major event. Pray for smooth procedures....

My shoulder is really sore tonight from shoveling, as is the "cord" in my arm. I'm thinking tylenol would help me sleep. We have to be at the hospital at 0600.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment