Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday January 1, 2011

1-1-11. I like the numbers of the dates. I know, I'm odd.

I worked yesterday, New Years Eve day. And it was my turn to "float". Yeah, great. Twelve hours doing my best to like the gift that God gave me.

When I got home it was after 9 pm. (yep, overtime, too, due to scheduling miscommunication. And I couldn't leave, because I was "sitting" one-to-one with a patient that couldn't be left alone. So that makes it 13 hours of doing my best.) I changed my clothes, washed up, and went out in the living room to talk with Daniel. I got really tired, tipped over (laid down on the sofa), and woke up shortly after midnight. I think the big booms from the local fireworks and whatever else was being fired off woke me. Daniel was already in bed, of course.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was awakened shortly before 4 am to the sounds of tinkling glass. Oh, no, not again, I thought, as I jumped out of bed, looking out the window and listening. I heard another couple of crashes, and a dog barking, and called 911 as I watched out the window. I didn't see anyone, and about 10 minutes or so after I called, 3 cruisers came into the complex and, well, cruised around. I saw that a set of floodlights on the garage across from us got hit again, and then I noticed a cruiser had parked down at the end of another of our buildings. Doggoneit. I hoped that it wasn't vehicle glass that was being broken. Of course I couldn't go back to bed, as it was nearly time to get up. I fired off an email to the management to let them know before I left for work.

That was my day yesterday.

Today, Dan got a phone call at 0800 from his best friend, whose wife has not been doing well. She had left for heaven a couple hours earlier. Sympathies to the family.

I got up about 9:30, breakfasted, and showered. While Dan was with his friend, I did a couple loads of laundry, took the outdoor lights down, put a few more decorations away, cleaned the guest bathroom, took a walk outside to assess the extent of the vandalism.

Two of the outer garages had had a total of 4 light fixtures bashed, 3 fixtures were the double flood lights. And the way they were hit damaged the vinyl siding. I hope that Trouble figures out that vandalism is not good entertainment.

I was fixing supper when Dan got home. We ate and had a quiet evening.

Tomorrow we need groceries again. And it's our Breon's Birthday. 26 maybe? or 27...

Anyway, thank you for reading. Hugs for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment