Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday December 28, 2010

I see I didn't write last night. I kind of forgot--

Monday was the Jacque Christmas Party. I had grocered, food prepped, and was just going to rest for an hour or so when the doorbell rang; it was Dan's daughter Kim and family. She had called Dan and said they were just getting off the highway and would be arriving shortly. Huh? We had told them 5 pm, at the clubhouse. It was 1:30.

In come all the grandkids, plus a girlfriend, minus one of the great-grands. Kim says she's going to run an errand and be right back..... and leaves. Huh?

So, all these kids, ranging from 4 years to 17. The 21 year old mother of the two greats shows up, too. I found a Uno game and they entertained themselves with that, alternating with the Bop It thing. Finally about 4:30, Dan rounds up everybody (there were 7 of them) and they carry the stuff down to the cars, and we all go up to the clubhouse.

We ate, Frank showed up (auto battery caused delays), and we had our gift exchange. We visited a bit, and just as Kim and brood were coating up to leave, Bre came in. (Nick's family had had a death, and the visitation was this evening. Of course she had to be there. And Nick had to work in Battle Creek until 8, so he was going to miss it.) So everybody stayed and visited and we had a photo op with Dan and his 3 girls.

The big group left, Dan, Frank, Bre, Kris, and I went back to the condo, where Bre ate, Nick joined us, and we all visited, enjoying the company. Dan went to bed, and so did Kris after a while; Nick left about 10:30, but Frank and Bre were putting phone apps on Bre's phone until 1 am. They left and I went to bed.

Today, I finished putting party things away. Kris had gotten up to go to Detroit for her return flight, but had gotten notice that her flight had been canceled and rescheduled for tomorrow night. We visited a little before I went over to Leah's for a treatment.

And, boy, did need that. She does such a good job. Kris went out to visit friends on her bonus afternoon, Dan came home then went out "hitting golf balls", and I enjoyed the quiet.

Other than being tired earlier today, with sore feet, I've been pretty good. Yup, the shoulder and breast ache. Not constantly, but enough that it's become annoying.

Tomorrow Dan works, I'm going to finish laundry. Maybe go get some fresh veggies for supper. I don't know.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment