Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday December 5, 2010

Another workday. I was happy that I had slept pretty good last night, with just a couple of wake times that briefly interrupted my sleep. Having to get up at 0430 sure interferes with the second "half" of my sleep.

A safe drive down, in the dark, at 24 degrees and occasional snow flurries. 'Tis the season.

I was thinking about remembering to take my car keys with me to the unit instead of leaving them in the locker room, so I could start the car before changing footwear and getting my coat and purse at the end of the day. I got out of the car, pushed the lock button on the door, got my workbag and purse out of the car, pushed the door to close, and turned to walk away. Just as I heard the doors click lock, I looked at my hand for the keys, realizing I didn't pick them up. I turned and looked inside. Yep, there they are. Great. Well, not going to do anything about it right now, I've got 12 1/2 hours to think about it....

The workday was good--an unusually (quiet) day with a couple periods of hurried activity. Thank you God for a good work day.

I thought about getting the car open. (1) towing company = $; (2)Daniel = having driven to Battle Creek, then to Holt, then to Jackson to bring the keys, then back to Jackson = I hope we don't have to do that; (3) I wonder what Frank is doing today??? = he owes me for all the times--and I mean there were several--that I drove over to Bill Knapp's at 12:30 in the winter's nights to unlock his car after he was off work. I waited until about 10:30 and texted him. When he responded, I called him.

We had a conversation, and he was glad to go, as he had something he wanted/needed to do using another computer.

Ahhh.

7 pm and all is well. Frank is in the parking lot with my car running and warmed up. Thank you Frank.

A safe drive home, thanks again.

Dan was working on the computer he and Frank had worked on before, as something Frank had done had altered Dan's machine. The two of them were on the phone, working it out. Dan had made some, though minimal, progress when he turned it off and went to bed.

Tomorrow is a workday for Daniel; I am having my teeth cleaned.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment