Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday December 26, 2010

Up and on my way to work; cold, dark, gusty wind blowing around a light snow flurry that is just enough to make the highway a bit slippery in spots. I left the cruise control off until I had gotten the "feel" of the road. I did turn it on somewhere south of Mason, but when I went around curves or over an overpass I turned it off. About halfway to Jackson, near Leslie, I had turned off the cruise to go over a bridge and around a curve. I was watching the road because it was feeling a little "greasy" and had slowed down some. I'm glad I did. A large deer ran from the median across the highway in front of me. If I hadn't have slowed just that bit, I might have hit it. Thank you God for keeping me safe.

The rest of the drive was uneventful.

We had a good day with a good group. We sent most of the patients home, staffed down, and 2 of us were left to end the shift. And, of course, right at shift change, the new patient needed attention. By the time we got her taken care of and charted on, I was in overtime again. Argh. (not that I mind, but I am trying to be "budget conscious")

A safe drive home, thanks again.

The house was dark, and Dan was in bed, sleeping. He got up after a bit, saying he wasn't feeling well, and hoping he wasn't coming down with something. I hope not, too. Kris is out somewhere; I'm sure she'll be back sometime.

Tomorrow I've got to get a few groceries, make the sloppy joes and cake for the Jacque party tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids all together.

I'm a bit tired tonight, and I think I'll sleep.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment