Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday 11.20.2010

I hardly slept last night. I kept waking up, toss and turn, try to hold still, uncover, cover up. Breathe. Ugh. Finally felt like I rested between 5 and 8, though that was interrupted sleep, too. I finally got up.

I breakfasted and got the dressing ready. Some in the bird, and the rest in a pan. I'm going to try something different--Jeremy's "new" Jenny doesn't eat bird or hoof, but does eat fish. So I laid some fillets on top of the dressing, oiled and sprinkled it, covered tightly and baked while the turkey was done and "resting". It turned out pretty good.

In fact, all of the food was very yummy. Holiday Salad, turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed white potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, fresh broccoli, cranberry sauce, crescent rolls. Mmm. Dan's daughter Breon and hubby Nick joined us, too, and we had our Thanksgiving. Oh, yeah, pumpkin pie and Cool Whip.

We visited and laughed and were just "together", enjoying it. Jenny helped me with clean up, (thanks again, Jenny), and then they had to leave. It was so good to see Jeremy. I was thinking, after everyone left, that I'm glad I got pictures. Oh no--we didn't take pictures! We'll just have to remember it in our hearts, and in our mind's eye.

Tomorrow, Frank and I are meeting with a realtor who will be showing us some properties. I hope it will be informative for Frank, and, who knows, maybe he'll see something that he really likes?

I'm pretty tired tonight. My feet hurt and the glands in my neck feel swollen. I'm hoping it's just fatigue.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment