Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday 09.01.2010

I stand corrected. I had read on the internet that a Friday-Saturday-Sunday happens only once in 823 years. I thought it was on the Old Farmers Almanac site, but I can't find that reference. One I did find is this http://www.geekosystem.com/5-fridays-saturdays-sundays-not-823-years/ , with this paragraph:



"Let’s think about this, a year can only start on one of seven days, so there are seven possible basic calendar years. Add leap years, and there are fourteen basic calendars. Period. And one of those calendars only gets used every 823 years? How would that be possible? It’s not of course, all fourteen calenders get cycled through regularly, in fact 2010 uses the exact same calendar as 1999."



There is more in this article if you are interested in reading more.

Thank you, Jim, for accurate information.

So, with housekeeping taken care of...

I was hot during most of the night. The window was open 6 or 7 inches or so with outside temps below freezing, according to Daniel. Poor Daniel, he was cold. I'm surprised he didn't turn on his side of the electric mattress pad, or close the window.

I got myself ready and went to the court house in Mason. I found a parking place and walked over--it's really a beautiful, old building, with lots of oak woodwork, murals, and mosaic tile floors. The group of us jurors waited, gathered in the commissioner's meeting room. A woman came in and instructed us, and the morning went on from there. Bottom line is, the jury was selected for a case, and I was not called up. So I had to call after 5 pm this evening. I did, and there were no new jurors needed for tomorrow, which means I have to go to work. I called and let them know.

Back home, I had a good afternoon. I went out for a walk, and ended up being out over an hour. The temps were maybe mid-40's with a cold breeze, clear blue skies. Absolutely beautiful, thank you God.

Dan got home shortly after I got in. We visited, had supper, and a quiet night.

Tomorrow we both work.

I've felt pretty good today, overall. A little fatigued, but overall, pretty good. Thanks again.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment