Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday 11.05.2010

The most exciting thing happened this morning. I was awake and watching the lake, waiting for the birds and other creatures to start "moving". The awning is, of course, rolled up against the house, so the upward view is expanded. I saw a bird coming toward the house from the GC area; I thought, "there's a seagull". And then I saw the meanface. It was an eagle!! It soared right up to the house and landed in our pine tree! I heard cackling noises, and it sounded like two birds.

As I watched, they launched out over the lake, and they dropped down, close to the water, doing a small circle and hovering. I saw a duck surface, and one of the eagles dropped down to snatch it. Ack! The duck dove back down into the water, and the eagles regrouped, too. They hovered, and when the duck surfaced again, the same eagle tried snatching the duck again, but it scooted out of reach and flew away. Wow! I think it was an adult eagle teaching the juvenile bird to hunt duck. They flew back up to the tree and chattered a bit, and while one flew off, one stayed on the branch for a while longer before flying off the other way. Totally awesome.

I did get the camera, and got pictures of the tree, but imagination is needed to find the birds in there.

What a great way to start the morning. Praise God for the cycles of life. Lucky duck, unlucky eagle. Lucky me to have observed it.

The temps were in the high 20's this morning and the wind picked up. It was in the mid 60's inside the JC. I figured out that if I put one of the radiant heaters in the main part, and the other heater in the front part, and close the sliding door inbetween, it's warmer. I don't get it, but it is.

Kathy Sue arrived about 1:30. We got her unloaded and settled in. We went outside for a nice walk, going up to Long Lake, looking at things, and enjoying the company. We were bundled up with scarves, hats, earwarmers, winter coat, heavy socks, winter shoes, mittens and gloves. It was cold--just like winter! And it was snow flurrying, too. We were out for over an hour.

We enjoyed supper and the warm interior of the cabin.

We've had a quiet evening, reading, snoozing, computing.

Tomorrow we're going to go outside again, to pick up the branches and sticks and stuff from the recent windstorm.

I've felt pretty good today. I only noticed an occasional irregularity in the heart rate, and I took the Femara again today after not having it for two days. We'll see what happens.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment