Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday 10.20.2010

I didn't sleep as well as I thought I might, but when I woke, again, at 0730, I got up and got ready to go north. Shower, breakfast, pack, load. On the road by 10.

A safe drive up on a beautiful fall day, thank you God. In a lot of areas the leaves are down; I'm also seeing more dead deer on the sides of the roads.

I got to the lake about 1:15. Dan came out to greet me, and unloaded my car while I talked with neighbor Bob, who also came over to greet me. It was windy, and the temperature fell throughout the afternoon from the 59 degrees when I had arrived.

I had lunch before we went outside to move things around.

That done, we went inside. A short time later there was a knock at the door. It was Mike, the insulation guy.

He told us how the job went, and that he would be back tomorrow afternoon/evening to finish up. When he left, Dan suggested we go to Largent's in Long Lake for supper.

We finished, and got a couple of desserts to go, and went over to the GC to share them with Polly and Jim.

But they weren't there.

So we went back to the JC and ate them ourselves. *smile*

We had a quiet evening, and about ready for bed.

Tomorrow we'll work on the boats. I have to drag the speedboat to the marina to be winterized, while Daniel needs to finish winterizing the jet boat. I hope the weather quiets down enough that we'll be able to take a pontoon ride around the lake. After all, that's why we've left it in so long in the first place.

I've felt pretty good overall today, though I got pretty tired this afternoon. My "owies" are kind of owie--and I realize that I haven't had tylenol or motrin since this morning. I'm about to remedy that...

The girls that we're praying for seem to be on the ok side for now. Thank you for thinking of them.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment