Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday 09.01.2010

I stretched and did about an hour of yoga last night before going to bed. I slept a pretty good block, too, from 1230-0400. Woo Hoo! And after being awake for about a half hour, until close to 7. Wow. I was even up and dressed before Daniel today. He didn't get up until after 9.

It started out sunny and 80 degrees this morning, but the clouds moved in and it cooled to high 70's. It sprinkled some, though not enough to get anything really wet.

We were finishing breakfast when there was a knock at the door. It was Guy Cleveland, from Tru Exteriors, and his helper. There was a leak where the two roofs meet, which is of course above the door, and it's not supposed to leak at all. It took them about 3 hours, but he caulked and put diverters up and ran water from the hose and did what he could. He's quite sure he got his job right, but he thinks the existing roof/shingles are not 100%. He explained it all to both Dan and me, and I asked him to send us an estimate to correct it. I don't know how long we're going to own this place, and that's really irrelevant; the roof needs to be right. We'll see what his numbers are.

We went into Hale after they left. We had a list of items that we didn't get the other day, and we started by dropping the trash at the transfer station. On to the other stores, getting what we wanted, and back home again.

Funny weather. Still high 70's, and an occasional breeze would kick up, and feel a bit cooler. As the evening approached, it got very still again, and is still in the 70's.

I had walked to the GC after lunch, while Dan was watching a movie. I visited there for a bit, and got home just in time for the movie to be over. That worked well. He went to lay down, and ended up sleeping for 2 hours. I got supper ready and had started setting the table when he got up.

We had a quiet evening. I wanted to have a fire, but with it so still, the bugs are out. I read a little more and wrote here.

Maybe Dan will be able to golf tomorrow. I might go back to the Fish store...

Surprisingly, I'm not too sore today. A little muscle soreness on the tops of my thighs and the forearms, but the shoulder is ok, and the wrist is a little aggravated. But I'm alive and cancer free. Thank you God for this life.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment