Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday 09.05.2010 Home Again

After a lovely week at the lake with my husband, I'm home. It's almost a "darn it". But I like being "home", too, although there's nothing like being at The Lake.

This morning was cool, mid 40's, but the wind has died down and the skies have cleared. It was absolutely beautiful.

I started collecting and gathering and packing my "stuff" as I went along this morning. I was having breakfast when Bob called asking for my trash, as he was going into town. Thanks, Bob.

I took that over, went in and visited a bit with them, saying goodbyes for a couple of weeks.

It took all afternoon, but I got the rest of the house cleaned. I had sorted the clothes I had left for the summer, but won't need there now, checked the warmer clothes and decided to take them home to launder, as they aren't smelling so "fresh" any more.

I moved the car out from the garage to the back door and was sweeping the garage out when Polly and Jim came walking up the driveway. It was nice to see them. We visited a while, then watched as a pontoon full of guys, as well as a group that had come by road, got in the water and took out the boat lift. There were maybe 18-20 guys, from teens on up. It took about 15 minutes, and they were gone, moving on. This group does this every spring and fall, and they do several boat lifts while they are all together. Even with all that testosterone, they struggled to lift it over the seawall. Good job, guys.

I had to get finished packing and on the road, though I really wanted to stay outside and enjoy the beautiful afternoon it was turning out to be. I bade farewell to J&P and returned to my project.

I got mostly done, fixed food and ate, cleaned that up, loaded the car, and finally left about 5:30, which was later than I had wanted, but it was a lovely drive anyway. And uneventful, thank you God.

Dan was up and helped me unload the car. It didn't take too long to unpack, and we had a nice evening together.

Tomorrow he works, and I'll be catching up on laundry.

My wrist has been a little sore today, better than it has the previous few days. Thanks again.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment