Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday 09.17.2010

It's so beautiful here.

I slept at intervals and got up about 9. Breakfast, and I tried to light the furnace to take the chill off the air. After a couple hours, I decided that this was not a properly functioning furnace and I would call the company that came out earlier, in January. I did, and the lady said that there were 2 other calls ahead of me, and could Steve come by later this afternoon? Ok, thank you.

I went outdoors to catch up on chores out there. I ended up in the shed, which turned into an all afternoon project of clearing it out, sorting stuff, sweeping it out, walls included, then putting it all back in. I hope it's a little more organized. I was just about finished sweeping it out when Steve from CPH came in. He was the guy who worked on it the first time.

He was real surprised at what it was doing, and he thinks the piece he put on in January isn't working any more. He did something to the ?controls ?settings so that it works, until the new part comes in. And, it was a No Charge call. Woo Hoo!

I finished the shed close to 7, and I needed to eat. Dan called while I was fixing my food; that was nice.

After dinner and dishes, I showered. Ugh, I was really dirty.

I wrote here, and might read for a bit.

I'm a little stiff and sore, and hoping to feel better in the morning.

While I was out in the shed, Bob came over. He was needing help, I think. He saw a piece of plywood and asked to borrow it. "Sure, what for?" I asked.

It seems his old dog Gabby is ailing from age and a bad hip, so much so that he and Evelyn loaded her into the van and took her to the Vet. She wasn't going to get up to get out of the van. Well, she couldn't stand up by herself. And she weights 118 pounds.

We put the plywood against the back of the van, and they had a length of fabric they were using as a sling under her lower abdomen/hips. Between the three of us, we lifted/scooted/slid her down the board onto the ground, then helped stabilize and lift her to her feet. She had difficulty at first, but got her bearings and wobbled up to the house, all the while we were holding her up with the sling.

Bob brought his ramp to the steps to the back door, and we were getting her up the ramp, when she had a release of a large amount of bloody something, probably urine, but might have been stool. They were saying she hadn't been eating or drinking much the last couple of days. Bob got her cleaned up, they made up some kind of waterproof bed for her, and we got her in the house and laid down. I don't think she's going to last very long. She's 12, and he's had her since puppyhood.

That's why I was outside so long this afternoon. And it was really a lovely afternoon--blue sky, light breeze, high 60's. The birds were noisy, the lake had only an occasional boater. The acorns come crashing down, and sometimes almost "drip" off the trees. Interesting noises.

Tomorrow I have a few things I could do, one of which is to go to Whittemore Speedway and hang with a friend/co-worker whose man races and will be there this weekend. Racing starts at 4, and is done by 8, so it's really not a very late night. I've got it on the list to consider.

This post got lengthy. Thank you for reading.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment