Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday 08.25.2010

Finally--a sunny morning! And I have to go home...

After that beautifully quiet night last night, a storm blew in about 2 or 3 o'clock. I dozed off, and when I woke about 6, there was no power. Hm. I've not been at the JC without power. Now the GC, that's another story. So while I'm snug in bed, I'm thinking about what to do without power--flashlights, lake water to flush toilet, and no tap water/well pump. There is an oil lamp there, too. When I woke again about 7, the power was back on, so all is well. I went back to sleep after seeing the clock blinking time and the sun in the blue sky.

And then I heard the knocking on the door. Geesh. Persistant. I got up. (I saw that it was 10:00) It was Bob, next door, and he had Larry with him. the guy we're going to have re-shingle the shed. I talked to those guys a bit, and after they left I went to check the chipmunk bucket.

Whoa. 1, 2, 3,....7. Seven chipmunks in the bucket. Amazing. That makes a total of 15. From OUR yard.

I got cleaned up and ready for the day, gathering and packing as I went. I finished vacuuming, but it was sooo beautiful outdoors, I had to enjoy it. So I took a coffee and a chair and sat on the pontoon in the sun. Ahhh. It's the first day since last week Wednesday that has been warm and sunny.

I finished up the house, fixed lunch, packed the refrigerator, ate, and left 5:15 pm.

A safe drive home, thank you God, for keeping me AND the idiots cutting in and out too close to other vehicles, safe. I just don't get those kind of drivers. I stopped at a rest area to use the facilities, but also to let those drivers get ahead of me.

Dan was awake when I got home! It was good to see him. He helped me unload, I unpacked, and since I forgot to stop at the trash compactor when I came in, I walked Chippy and friends up to the clubhouse where the compactor is. Bye bye Chippy...

We had a quiet evening, catching up on the events of the last couple of days. Dan has finally gone to bed, and I'm going soon, too.

We both work tomorrow.

My wrist has been a little more bothersome today.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment