Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday 08.18.2010

I sure didn't sleep very good last night. I think I was pre-occupied thinking about Dan's family going up to the lake today. His brother had called last night, saying the people from California (their sister and her family) had arrived for Brad's daughter's wedding this weekend. Unfortunately, I had an appointment at 11:45, and would probably miss them while they were the JC. I felt bad that they would go there and the house is all closed up.

I packed and loaded the car before going to the oncology appointment. I wasn't hopeful of seeing the doctor in a timely manner; there was a patient talking to someone else about her conditions, and that she was scheduled for 11:30. I just took a breath...

I got called back about 12:15. Weight 162. which is the same as last time. Finally, no weight gain. And my temperature was 99.7!! Very weird. If I get sick, I'll know when it started.

After a while, there was a knock on the door, and when it opened, a woman in Indian garb came in. She introduced herself as Eman, the Physician's Assistant. She said that she had been there for about a year and a half. I was surprised that I hadn't seen her before in the office. Maybe as we get further out of treatment the standard of care is that a PA can follow us.

We chatted for a bit, her asking questions, me telling my story, then she says that Doctor will be in shortly. Huh? Ok...

He came in about 5 minutes later. He's concerned about the joint pain, though I told him that it may be letting up a little. He mentioned the Aromasin, which is the third and last of the aromatase inhibitors we have to choose from. I told him I wasn't ready to change to a different medicine yet. He was ok with that, and wants to see me in 8 weeks again.

And that was that.

I went to the window to check out and make my appointment for October 13 or something. Finally--it was after 1 o'clock.

I got on the highway and traveled without difficulty until I got to Bay City area. As I came up a hill and around a gentle curve, there were brake lights in front of me. I stepped on my brakes, then again a little harder. I was ok, but the guy in my mirror had been following me too close for my comfort. He looked up and stepped on his brakes, and swerved some into the other lane so as not to hit me. I don't think he would have, but I was glad to see that he backed off a little after that. I was near an exit, so I got off, which took me to 84. And a few miles down 84, that's under construction, too. And in the midst of this, my gas light bings at me.

I know that I've got at least 1 gallon of gas, and that I get about 26 mpg. And that I was about 10 miles from the Meijer store that I stop at.

But when I came upon a Citgo station I stopped and put a couple of gallons in. I was glad I did, because I got stopped again at a construction intersection. I finally got through that and got back on the freeway right at the end of the first bit of construction I had come across. Just a few more miles, and I was at Meijer.

I filled up with gas then went into the store, to use the restroom and pick up a few groceries. Of course the store was busy, but I got back on the road, and finally got to the JC just after 5 pm. And our company had already left. Boo.

But the house was almost undisturbed looking, and the note in the book says they had a great time. I'll see them Saturday at the wedding.

I unloaded, unpacked, and fixed my supper, eating out on the deck. It was a beautiful 85 degrees here with blue skies and quiet blue water.

I watered the flowers, reset the chipmunk bucket trap, raked the side yard, made the bed, and talked to Daniel, before writing here.

It has cooled off to maybe low 60's. Tomorrow I might paint something.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment