Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday 08.31.2010 Fun in the (Hot) Sun

I slept the usual, interrupted sleep that I have. It's so humid--I'm thankful for the window ac. I can remember trying to sleep during the hot humid summer nights as a kid, whining that it was hot. With at least one mosquito buzzing around. Mom didn't turn on a fan, either, but she would get the Raid out and spray the room. Was that a "good ol' day?"

We breakfasted, and set about doing a bunch of nothing, starting with taking the lawn chairs down and sitting on the pontoon where there was a little more breeze. In fact, it got almost windy for a bit. The temperature did make it to 91, which is a new record. I did some mending while Dan was reading.

After a bit, I uncovered the speedboat to go for a ride. We putzed over to the GC, where T&KS were just getting ready to go swimming. I offered to pull Tom on skis, and to my surprise, he said yes!

He got right up and went for a ride around our bay. He got in the boat and we buzzed around the lake. Back at the JC, Tom offered to pull me on skis. OK!! I got in the water, and Yup, I got up and had a ride around our bay, too!! YaHoo!!!

Yes, I may have aggravated my wrist, as well as the shoulder, but I have to live while I'm alive. And so far, I'm only a tad more uncomfortable.

We got back to the dock, moored the boat, and visited on the deck. I got our new Remington BB/Pellet gun out, and we started playing with that, setting up a water bottle, a couple of cans, and an egg carton as targets.

Dan and Tom each played with the gun, eventually hitting the targets. When it was my turn, they had to inservice me how to use it. I wasn't able to pump it more than once, so they helped me. The first shot, I hit the egg carton. The second shot, I knocked the water bottle off. Oh, Yeah. I'm All That.

Next was KS, and she needed the inservice and help, too, and she was able to hit the plastic duck in the water. We had a lot of fun.

It was time to eat, and we decided to go to LL to Largent's, in air conditioned comfort. We had a good meal, and were the only ones in the restaurant until just before we left.

The rest of the evening, Daniel watched a movie, while I finished another book, watching and listening to the lake. Ducks, loons, fish. And eagles. We had 2 in front of our place today, up in our tree. And tonight the bigger one cruised by right in front of me. Such an awesome bird.

It's still 80 degrees out, and Dan has gone to bed.

Tomorrow is more of ... Hm. What a great vacation!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment