Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday 08.19.2010

I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked, but I did sleep some. I watched the lake this morning about sunrise--so beautiful and quiet.

The phone woke me shortly after nine--Jackson county was having a disaster drill, the disaster being a fictitious tornado touching down. We at the hospital have been preparing for it for the last year, and today was the day. All off-duty employees are phoned to see if you are available and how long it would take you to come in, and where to report when you get there. I did manage to answer the phone, and knowing I would probably lose the phone signal, I told her I was 4 1/2 hours from coming in. And I lost the connection.

So now I'm up. I fooled around in the bathroom closet, looking at the towels and pairing them up, using them as color swatches/ideas. I got dressed and had breakfast and enjoyed the fresh brew. While I was in the bathroom I heard noises, which I figured out was thunder. We had a pretty nice little storm, with lots of rain again.

It passed after maybe a couple of hours, and as the clouds moved out, it turned out to be a lovely day, mid to high 70's. I checked the chipmunk bucket--3 more. One was a female (it had teats) and the other two might have been offspring. I will say that I miss hearing the little creatures' chip-chip-chipping. But they can't be burrowing into the foundations of our buildings. Bye, bye, Chippy. That makes 8 now that have gotten into the bucket.

I spent the afternoon installing the vertical blinds at the dining room window. It had been a while since I had done that, so it took a bit of time. I cleaned the window frames, too, taking the screen out and cleaning the tracks, etc. I was just about finished when Polly called, saying they were at the GC and Jim was doing his own project--digging under the trailer to repair the waste water line--and did I want to come down for a bit?

Sure--I finished what I was doing, had a sandwich, and walked down. Jim had finished with his Phase 1, and was ready for the test. Unfortunately, though, there was water leaking from somewhere. We talked about options, and he'll do Phase 2 tomorrow.

I went on back home, as I needed supper and to take my meds. Dan called as I was putting a lovely salad together. I finished putting the valance over the window and wandered around a bit. Since that installation went so well, I decided to at least start the living room blinds.

To my very pleasant surprise, I got that one installed, too, and I sure like them. As nightfall is happening sooner, I have lights on in the house, and I don't like the neighbors looking in when they are out in the yard with their dogs. So now I can just close the blinds!

I'm sitting down, enjoying the evening.

Maybe I'll paint tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment