Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday 08.22.2010

I missed writing last night. I got back to the lake from the wedding about midnight, and all I wanted to do was get my jammas on and go to bed. And I did.

But I did have a good day yesterday. A safe drive both ways, thank you God. I had a nice visit with Aunt Lois, who had fixed me a "nice" lunch, then went over to the church to witness Dan's niece Monique marry Justin. It was a very nice wedding, and I met Dan at the reception. It was good to see him. And his family. A group of at least 15 came from California, and another niece came from New York City.

Today was a windy day, starting out very cloudy, but by noon-ish, the clouds broke up and was mostly sunny this afternoon.

I walked to the GC to check out the progress on the trailer plumbing project. The Flush Test had just been done, and all was dry! Yippee!! Jim started replacing the sand that had been dug out. After he had gotten the tricky part done, I offered to shovel. I finally got to move a small part of the sand, but I did help. And when it was all done, it looks really good! Thanks Jim, and Polly, and Tom, for a good job.

I came back home and talked to Mary, who has known the Jacque family for many years, and she came over to view the photos that were taken last night. She enjoyed seeing the people she knew but hadn't seen in so many years. I was happy to share that with her.

I went out and harvested the rhubarb again. I don't know much about second harvests, but I ended up with another quantity of about 5 quarts. I walked two bags of freshly harvested and chopped pie plant down to the GC, then took another bag over to Mary. The rest is in my freezer.

I fixed my supper and ate, checked email, had a couple of phone calls, and a fairly quiet evening.

I've been feeling pretty good, though my wrist is still sore.

Not sure about tomorrow. I haven't painted yet...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment