Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday 08.30.2010 Whew, It's a Hot One!!

It was so warm in the JC. Even with the air conditioning on, the front bedroom was still too warm for me to sleep. I started out on the little sofa in the living room, but moved into the middle bedroom after a bit. It was odd knowing that Dan was sleeping somewhere else. I was just too uncomfortable out there.

And I did sleep pretty good. When I got up about 9, Dan asked if I wanted to go "out" for breakfast. Um, sure, let me shower first...

We went in to Big Bob's for a yummy breakfast, then over to Bernard's Building Center. Dan ended up getting another set of dock posts so we can have one more section of dock out. That might be enough to keep the lower unit of the speedboat off the bottom of the lake. Then over to pick up a few groceries, and stopped at the GC on the way back. No one there.

At home, we were thankful for the air conditioning. It was high 80's today, high humidity, and barely a breeze. A great time to be at the lake...

I saw Tom and KS zoom by in their boat and went down on the dock and whistled. They turned around and stopped for a short visit.

Dan and I decided to go out on the pontoon. After Dan had made a few adjustments to the motor (I'm not quite sure what he was fiddling with) we headed out. It was beautiful. I sat up on the very front with my feet in the water. Probably not the safest place on the boat, but I've sat up there on many a pontoon ride. I felt like a kid.

T & KS were at the sand bar, floating, the first time we went by. We went down to the end of the lake and when we came back through the sand bar, to my surprise, Dan went over and parked the pontoon. We got in the water there, which was a pleasant way to spend an hour or so. We continued on our way to the west end of the lake (which we call the Bar end, because, well, that's where the bar is), then back home to the JC.

I showered, and fixed dinner. I was outdoors with Evelyn and Bob, giving them a hand, when T & KS showed up. Other than being uncomfortably warm and wanting to cool off in the AC, Tom had some research he wanted to do on the internet, and had brought his laptop for a better connection. They stayed for a couple of hours, and I sure enjoyed their company.

It wasn't too long after they left that Dan went to bed. I'm going to read some before going myself.

I am very thankful for air conditioning. My wrist has been a little more sore and bothersome today. Boo.

Tomorrow is predicted to be 90. Woo Hoo!!!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment