Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday 08.16.2010

I had a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep, which was nice. And I was hearing music. Hm. Oh, it's the radio. Oh. I have to work today.

I got up.

A safe drive down, for me. I didn't know raccoons could run fast. The little bugger dashed right out from the median across my lane, and I caught what I think was it's tail. It was just a small thump. The car in the next lane in my mirror swerved a little. Ick.

I had a busy day. Another co-worker and myself were "floated" to other units in the hospital. Never mind that I have minimal clue as to how to function. The unit I went to was a medical unit, with lots of illnesses, diseases, and poor health status-es, so much so that I am renewed in my own personal health commitment. I'm telling you--you've got to take care of yourself, because it all adds up and you end up with a body that can't be "fixed" anymore.

I finally had a brief break after 10 o'clock, but did a few more things before going to lunch about 11:15. When I returned to that unit, they said a CNA had come in to "replace" me. Cool. (replace? I thought that an odd choice of words) But I was out of there, and happy for it. I went to the other unit to check on my co-worker.

I didn't find her, at first. And when I did, she was even more ragged than I was. She hadn't had a break at all; I said something to the staff and waited for her to be released so that she could rest and eat.

Ugh. Since I had been "replaced", and my unit didn't need me yet, I offered to go back to the floor with my co-worker. We did several more tasks, and finally about 4pm it had slowed enough that I could leave. I went back down to my own unit, only to find that it had "blown up" down there. Since I had been working with infected (aka contaminated) people, I had to change clothes before working on our unit, which is considered a "clean" unit (no infections). I jumped in and was busy until just after 7.

What a day.

A good drive home, thanks again.

Dan was sleeping on the bed when I came in. We snuggled a bit before he got up, and I went in to shower.

The rest of the evening was quiet.

Tomorrow is a workday for me, and I also have 2 meetings, one for work, and the other is the Condo Association Board Meeting. I'll be late, but that's when they wanted to have it.

My wrist has gotten pretty sore tonight as the motrin has worn off. I think I'll try just 400 mg for the night instead of the 600 mg.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment