Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday 08.09.2010 Here I Am...

Did you miss me??

I went up to The Lake on Thursday night. I was invited to Sister's Weekend, something that my cousins Sue and Diane have been doing for several years with 2 of their friends who are also sisters. I was honored to have been asked, not having any sisters at all.

Both Diane and Sue were already at the JC by the time I got there at 11 PM. Diane had been fishing in the afternoon, and had had a nap, and Sue had arrived about 10 PM. Surprisingly, we stayed up another couple of hours talking and laughing. Diane had picked wildflowers--brown-eyed susans--and had vases of them throughout the house. It looked so nice in there...

The other set of sisters, though, had to cancel. Some kind of family thing, I think. So it would just be we three.

We had a great weekend. Friday Sue and I slept in, while Diane was out fishing all morning. We didn't do much, lolled around, mostly. I sprayed the exterior perimeter of the buildings again, and we did walk down Memory Lane to the GC to visit Tom before he left for home. Sue tended to the outdoor plants while Diane cleaned and freshened the birdbath. Thanks, girls.

After our yummy supper, which Diane had generously prepared, Sue and I put a fire together. We enjoyed a cooler 60 degree evening watching and listening to the night settle in. There sure are some loud splashes out there in the water.

Saturday was partly cloudy, too, warming to high 70's. Sue and Diane went out into Hale for a few grocery items, then forgot to take the propane tank, so went over to Lupton for a refill. While they were gone, I finally finished painting (priming) the last wall in the middle bedroom. Yay!! Wow, that looks so much better.

We had another awesome supper, thanks to Diane's fishing success and Sue the Grillmistress.

Sunday dawned gloomy, and rained, but was clearing by 10 AM. We picked away at packing and cleaning, but the sun was out and promising to be a beautiful day. We went out in the speedboat for a ride around the lake; a little fast, a little this way and that way, but mostly a slower ride. By the time we got back to the JC, it was blue sky and 80 degrees.

But we had to leave.

And when we got back to the dock, Diane's phone signaled a message. It was from her mom, Lois.

Her hip had dislocated, again, and though she was mostly ok, the neighbor was there waiting with her for the ambulance to arrive.

Big sigh, times three.

So, Diane finishes packing, and leaves, so that she can go home and repack and go to Flushing to be with their mom.

Sue finishes packing, and leaves, so that she can go home, work one day, then fly out to Arizona to be with their dad, who has been recently diagnosed with lung cancer.

May God be with you both, be with you all.

It was about 3 pm--I finished the little bit of cleaning that was left, but it was sooo beautiful outdoors that I had to go out and enjoy it. I ended up spraying the boat cover with Camp Dry. I swept out the empty side of the garage after moving my car up to the back door, put the cover on the boat, and I had to shower before I went home. But I was hungry, so I sorted through what was left in the fridge, put a plate together, and ate. Now for a shower.

I used the Comet Cleanser on the shower walls, and wiped the curtain liner, too, as it was getting yucky. I rinsed all the stuff off, and it looks pretty good.

I finished packing, emptied the fridge, took the trash over to Bob (who came over earlier and asked for it) (thanks, Bob), loaded the car, and finally left about 7 pm. I didn't want to leave.

I really had wanted to leave earlier so I could spend the evening with Daniel, but I had to do the chores while I had the opportunity.

I had a safe drive home, thank you God, and Daniel got up and helped me unload. He didn't stay up, though.

After unpacking, I decided I would fore go yet another night away from blogging, (though I had missed doing that bit of my routine) and go sleep in my bed with my husband. *smile*

I worked today, which was ok since I wasn't so fatigued, and Diane called this evening to say that LoLo had just gotten into recovery from having the hip re-set. Sue will leave for Arizona on an early morning flight. Prayers to both of you girls.

I've had a great few days. Sure my wrist has been sore, but I'm alive and able to share this life.

Thank you. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis!

    Yep, we did miss your bloggings (is that a proper verb?) Glad to hear that you and the cousins had a great time at the lake.

    Love to all,

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete