Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday 08.20.2010

We had funny weather today. Kind of cool, but warm. Long pants and a sweatshirt was sometimes warm, but welcome in the wind. Hm, changing seasons?

I was finishing breakfasting when the phone rang--Jim, asking if I wanted to join them for lunch. No, thanks, I'm finishing breakfast...

Tom was there, and they were working on the trailer again. I told him I'd be down shortly.

I looked out the window at the hummingbird feeder. There was solution in it, but the birds were just coming down and sipping and leaving. Hm. I wonder if the solution was bad? I took the feeder in and cleaned it. Yep, there was black moldy/mildewy stuff around the ports. I found a small brush and even used a weak bleach solution to kill the spores. Refilled it (I made solution this morning), hung it, and within minutes someone was checking it out. Perched and fed. Yep, the solution was bad.

As I was going over to the GC, I saw Mary outside, and took the opportunity to visit with her. While we were sitting on her back porch the sun broke through and boy, did it get warm. It was time for me to continue on my way.

On the way down Grace Street I saw Leo out in his garage. We exchanged pleasantries; he mentioned that he had looked at the trailer on our lot and began asking questions. I offered him to come on down and look at it, and he did.

The guys had the second phase of the project done: caulking the pipe. Jim was able to caulk it both on the inside of the crack and the outside as well. It needs to cure until tomorrow, at which time they'll do another "Flush Test" to see if it stays dry. If it does--woo hoo!! Time will tell...

As Polly and I were visiting, we decided we wanted to go "Fishing" -- to the Fish store in Hale. A giant resale shop. We were there for quite some time, she finding a few things, and me finding more. It amazes me, the things people give away.

She dropped me at home, where I caught up with the phone messages and was able to return calls. And then J&P came to pick me up to go to the Bear's Den for supper.

We had great fish, and lasagna, and they picked up a book of 100 years of Hale schools, or something like that. Polly has relatives from that long ago, from this area, and they are enjoying the two books compiled by Jean Bell.

They dropped me back at home. I walked around outside, stirred the (empty) chipmunk bucket, swapped batteries in the solar light to see which one works, and enjoyed the dusky, windy evening on the deck. So Beautiful.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Flushing for Monique's and Justin's wedding, Dan's niece. It will be a long day by the time I get home, but that's ok.

And I see Daniel, too.

I'm feeling pretty good today. A little less wrist pain, I think.

Must be the lake???

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment