Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday 07.14.2010

I can hardly believe it's halfway through July, halfway through my vacation. So far, though, it's been good, both July and my vacation.

Though I still have interrupted sleep, I do get up late morning feeling mostly rested. This morning the chipmunk was chirping a constant chirp for two hours straight. It was sitting on the neighbor's flowerbox, in the sun, just outside my window. Kind of cute, but kind of annoying. When I got up and looked, it continued to sit there and chirp. Hm. Although it didn't leave when I looked at it, it wasn't much longer and it was gone. Great.

After a while I heard it chirping again, and I quietly went outside. There it was, on the neighbor's porch, laying flat out on it's belly, like it was hurt or something. It looked at me, kept chirping. I talked to it, but it didn't move until I clapped my hands. Then it jumped up and moved a little on the porch.

Not much longer I heard it again, and again went out to look. Uh huh, there were 2 of them this time, running around. Cute, but not a good thing by the foundations of our homes. I'm thinking these critters are going to have to be relocated somehow...

I had breakfast, and in between watching the chipmunks, got ready to go to Hale to the Senior Center. Evelyn and Bob had come over last night and invited me to go, as they were going to participate in a "program". Oh.

I got there, filled out the form (I'm underage *giggle*), put my lunch money in the box (*giggle again) and sit where Bob directs me. Across from Anne, which was good. At the birthday/anniversary table. Hm.

We had lunch--through a cafeteria-like line with a tray and people plopping food on it. After eating, one of the people announced the birthday people and handed them the microphone. I was second. I told who I am, and that I married Daniel, who is Germaine's son. It was interesting to hear the murmur in the room. After a bit, a woman named Margie came up to me, saying she had been a good friend of Germaine's, and was glad that I had come. That was nice.

They served ice cream and cake before the "program" started.

The Sunshine Singers got up, maybe a dozen or more of them, including Anne, Bob, and Evelyn. One of them announced that the theme of today's program was Summertime, and they proceeded to sing, karaoke-like, a variety of summer songs, some accompanied by four or five of them line dancing. I was smiling, thinking it's not much different than going to a child's school function.

Their program lasted about 25 minutes. From there I went to Baker's Hilltop to see about getting the pontoon delivered. Steve wasn't there just then, but Shelly was. We chatted a few minutes and she'll call me when Steve gets back.

At home, I uncovered the speedboat and put the skis and tow rope and lifejacket in that were leftover from the weekend. The sun was nice, but it was hot, mid 80's. It had been mirror quiet on the lake, but a wind had picked up. Earlier, there were big fish jumping out in the middle of the lake. Big ones. I've seen fish jump before, but not like that.

One time in the house I noticed a phone message; I returned Shelly's call to say that tomorrow noonish would be fine to get the pontoon delivered. Woo Hoo!

I watered my plants, then Evelyn came over to get me to show me what they had gotten. A "new" table from the Fish store. It needed modification, and Bob was doing that in their garage. I sat there and visited with them a bit, and when I went back across the yard, I noticed that the flowers they had bought a few days ago hadn't been potted yet, and some were needing attention. I went back and asked Evelyn if she wanted help with that project; she and I potted up the 3 flats of plants. I enjoyed working with her, and I liked getting those plants taken care of. They look good if I do say so myself.

It was after 7, and I needed supper. I heated up some leftovers and enjoyed that, and have spent the evening picking around, not being real productive. I could paint yet tonight, but I don't know....

My wrist is sore, but I only took the morning dose of motrin.

Tomorrow looks like intermittent thunderstorms, by the weather.com, so I'm not sure about the pontoon. Diane is supposed to be coming sometime in the afternoon, too.

I'm liking my vacation.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment