Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday 07.07.2010

I made it. I'm at the lake. On vacation. Ahhh.

I was disappointed that I didn't sleep very well last night. Even this morning, I only dozed a little after Dan had gotten up to go golfing.

I got up. Hot, tired, ache-y. I decided I wasn't going to hurry to get on the road.

I walked back and forth through the house, collecting the items I wanted, repacking the suitcase, going through the dresser drawers and the closet. I paid a couple bills online, had breakfast, watered plants, showered. That felt good.

Dan said he might be home around noon. It was now 1:30--I began carrying things downstairs and loading the car. He came in shortly after.

We visited a bit and he carried the last couple items down for me. I was on the road a little after 3.

I wondered what Diane was doing this afternoon--I called and left a message. She called back saying Please come by!! She was having a rotten day and was very stressed. I went into the Nimkee Fitness Center and into her office. She certainly was frazzled. I got her house key and went there to wait the half hour or so.

I ended up taking a half hour nap on her couch; I was just waking when she came in.

We had a good visit, I think. She was so wound up--but after talking a while she settled down some. I'm glad I stopped. She fed me, too, some of the best tuna/macaroni salad. Thanks, Diane, I enjoyed our visit.

On the road again, I had an uneventful rest of the drive. I got to the JC 8:45-ish. It's still hot and humid. 80 degrees with 90% humidity. I'm glad we had an air conditioner. I first opened the house, then closed the back half after I had unloaded, and turned on the ac. That's really nice.

I had a bite to eat, then wrote here. I'm pretty tired; I hope to sleep tonight.

My wrist has been sore when the motrin/tyenol wear off. Darn it, I want it to get better,

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment