Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday 07.20.2010

Another night of the typical interrupted sleep. I woke this morning, and since the bathroom was open, I showered. Vonnie had been up, Frank was awake, and the girls got up after I got out of the bathroom.

Frank fixed breakfast again, and after the kitchen was cleaned up we went out on the speedboat. Frank waterskied the whole lake, having a pretty good wipe-out that looked like it hurt, but he said he was ok. He got back up and enjoyed the rest of the ride. Back at the dock he traded the skis for the Twister. Today we were able to get the toy functioning properly the first attempt. And I did good making the thing roll across the water. So good, that Frank said he got dizzy and "bailed out". Woo Hoo!! He was smiling as he got in the boat for the ride in. We counted 18 revolutions, but the video will show it. It's on Ashlee's phone, and when it's able to be downloaded, I'll post a link to it.

We got back in--the girls didn't ride today because they are leaving--and they got ready to go. Hugs all around and they were on their way. We sure had fun.

We had a quiet afternoon. I started food prep about 3, and Vonnie and I enjoyed a wonderful greens salad with chicken, cranberries, and walnuts. Yum. Oh, and we had zucchini and summer squash steamed on the side.

Vonnie and I went out for a walk down memory lane. It always amazes me when something is said or seen or heard and a deja vu moment happens. I am awed at the memories that are brought in. Thanks for sharing that with me, Vonnie.

We ended up at the GC, where Jim and Polly's car is. Hey, glad you're back!

We visited a bit until their supper was ready, then we went on our way back to the JC. We enjoyed the evening on the deck, visiting with the neighbor, Marty. The light wind was slowing to a gentle breeze, making it a good night for a boat ride.

I called J&P, inviting them out, and Vonnie and I went down to pick them up. (Marty had passed, saying that he and his mother had a television date.) We went out in the speed boat--the pontoon doesn't have running lights--and enjoyed a leisurely ride around the lake. Frank opted out, too, staying behind and baking chocolate chip cookies.

We got the boat secured at the dock, and the mosquitoes were swarming. The others went up to the house while I put the boat cover on. Frank came down and helped me finish.

We enjoyed the warm cookies and a visit, and all five of us walked back to the GC with flashlights, then back to the JC for the rest of the evening. We were each with our "data devices", and are drifting off to bed.

Tomorrow, Polly is coming down and we girls are going to go into Hale--trash run, Fish store, and who knows what else we'll get into. Maybe there will be a bit of a wind and Frank can go sailing...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment