Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday 07.13.2010

I didn't sleep much last night, it seemed. I got up about 9, wandered around looking at the lake and such. So beautiful. I breakfasted and showered. The warm water feels good on my sore wrist.

I was sitting on the front deck cutting my nails when I heard someone around back. It was Tom.

KS was at her parents'; he had walked down from there.

We visited a bit; he adjusted the closet doors again, and turned a light switch over so it flipped up for "on" instead of down for "on". Little things, but it's nice to have them fine-tuned. Thanks, Tom.

We went over to West Branch, to the dealership, but we stopped first at Mr. G's Pizzaria. Yuummmyyyy!!! Wonderful food and reasonable prices. I will definitely eat there again.

At the dealership, Chad showed us what was going on with the car. He replaced the cable that had broken and a mechanism he said was bent, but one of the "flipper" things is still floppy. He went on to show us how it is in the way when the top is operated, both opening and closing. Neither operation can be done without visualizing the process, stopping it at a critical point, and manually moving the flipper so it doesn't catch again. Hm. Not good.

Chad feels that the whole thing can be properly repaired with a new set of flippers and a rear deck panel. The estimate for that is approximately $500.00. I asked lots of questions, and as Tom is very much about properly operating mechanical things, he and Chad had a conversation while Lori and I talked business.

The parts are available, and there is time for this project on Friday. So, I left the car there.

KS was at the JC when we got back. She looked really good. We had a nice visit, and after a bit, Tom went out to the car and brought in a package. For me??

They had taken the little bathing suit of mine that Elaine had kept all these years and put it into a shadowbox, surrounded by sand dollars they had gotten in Florida. How Cool!!! Thank you, Kathy and Tom.

Smiles and Hugs, they went on their way. I went into Hale for a few groceries.

It's been mostly sunny today and high 70's and mostly breezy, but the wind is a little cool as the sun is going down. I sat on the side of the house out of the wind and started writing, but Dan called and I came inside. And Evelyn and Bob came over for a visit. The wind has died down to mirror. We tried to sit out on the deck, but the mosquitoes were large enough to collect and stir fry, so we came inside. They have left, and I'm finishing here.

My wrist has been an underlying annoying discomfort/sore today, even with the motrin on board. I'll take the Femara again tomorrow, so the tomorrows add up and it will be the end of the treatment period and I will remain cancer free, please God.

And live for today, for now.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment