Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday 07.06.2010

Vacation has officially started!

I slept as usual, interrupted. The good thing was that neither Dan nor I had to get up this morning. I listened to the radio for a bit this morning before getting up about 8:30. Dan was still sleeping.

I got the laundry together and started the first load, and was fixing my breakfast when Dan got up. With the laundry changed over to the second load, I went in and showered.

About 11:00 I called the hospital to see if I had to work. Yup. Ok. I decided to mix up a batch of brownies to take in.

I got myself ready to go, and after the brownies were done and almost cool enough to handle the pan, I went down to Jackson, stopping at the credit union before going to the hospital.

We had a good afternoon, and they enjoyed the fresh treat. We were a steady pace, on the medium side of busy, with the potential to blow up. And it was going to for the night shift, by what was in labor and delivery. 'Cuz you know what they deliver, we get.

And at 7 pm, I clocked out. Officially on vacation. Woo Hoo!!!

I changed clothes because I wanted to do a few errands while I was in Jackson. I drove through a car wash and got a layer of bugs off, filled the gas tank, and shopped at Wal Mart. After I had gotten back in the car to come home, I realized my bladder was full; McDonalds was just across the street. I went there and took care of business, and on the way out, I remembered my friend Miss B lived right around there. Although I had never been there, I drove down the street where I thought the house was, and I found it. She has a unique decorating style; I recognized some of the items she had in the yard, and saw her car.

When she saw it was me who had knocked on her door, she was pleasantly surprised. We visited for a half hour or so, and it was really good to see her. I'm glad I stopped.

So now I'm going home in the dark. I haven't done that in a while. And I went through another bug hatch--the windshield looks like it was sprayed with rice sized droplets. Great.

Dan was home, happy that a friend had given him a cable box. (we have a weird situation with the cable wiring of the building and our cable status) He now has the golf channel again.

He stayed up flipping channels for a while before going off to bed.

My wrist has been sore today, though the motrin does a good job with the swelling.

Tomorrow I'll be going north for a couple weeks. Woo Hoo!!!!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment