Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday 07.08.2010

It was a good day today.

Started out that I slept pretty good, and woke this morning feeling much better than I did yesterday. Praise the Lord for that. I don't like feeling punky. And though the wrist is still sore, it didn't hurt so much that I couldn't move it.

I got up shortly after 10. Just as I had gotten dressed I heard voices--Polly, Jim, Aaron, and Jacob. They came down to see if I needed help with the speedboat to get it in the water. Well, it hadn't been waxed or cleaned yet...

They went on to get bait and to check out the revisions/upgrades at the public boat launch. When they came back, we all went out to the garage and got started on the boat. What a great crew! With everyone taking turns with the wax on/wax off process, nobody was really overworked. Aaron and Jacob did a great job and worked hard. We did have a fan on in the garage to move the 80 degree humid air around.

When that job was done they left, and we were going to meet at the Bear's Den for supper. I was happy to be able to put the top down on the car, (a 2007 Pontiac G6 hard top convertible) but in the process, the dashboard ding dinged and I heard a snap-crack from the back. Uh oh. I stopped the lid and looked. Everything looked ok in there, but I pushed the button to put the top back up. Fortunately, it went into place and latched and everything. So I popped the release for the trunk. When I opened it, it sounded like a piece of plastic rattled and fell. It took me a minute to find it, but it looks like a cable snapped, and the housing or tube that it was in is what fell off. The end of the cable is frayed, and it looks like it's frayed also further up the cable. Fortunately there is a GM dealer in Rose City, about 12 miles away. That trip is first on my list tomorrow.

So we have a good supper at the Bear's Den, pizzas for them (Polly, Jim, Aaron, Jacob, and neighbor Anne) and a sandwich for me. Yummy stuff. We decided to launch the boat after dinner.

I get the van out of the garage and it has 2 low tires. With the compressor, and minor complications, we blow them back up. We got the boat hooked on and went into Hale to fill the gas tank on the boat, which only needed 5 gallons, then on to the launch.

Jim backed the boat into the water, with Jacob, Aaron, and myself in it. We were floating, the engine blub-blubbed, and we were off. Woo Hoo!! I think it was the easiest launch I've ever done with that boat. Thanks, Jim.

He saw that we were ok and went on back to the JC, where Polly was waiting for us. There were also dark clouds forming quickly. I tested the boat a little; slower, faster, medium, then...hold on....I turned in a quick circle. Jacob laughed; Aaron wasn't quite sure. I did that once more and headed up the lake. Those clouds were getting pretty dark.

Back at the dock, the boys got out and helped Polly hold the boat while I got into the water to get the tie-out posts screwed into the bottom of the lake. Jim had just gotten back, too, and with the two of us in the water we got the three posts in and the boat secured just as it started to sprinkle. I got the cover on the boat in a light rain. But it's in the water and sure looks good at the dock. Thank you, Jacob, Aaron, Polly, and Jim, for all of your excellent help today.

We chatted a bit, picking things up and putting things away, and they went on back to the GC. I finished closing up the garage and moving the car back so the lawn guy could mow tomorrow, and went in and had a lovely shower before writing here.

I've had to go look at the end of the dock several times. The boat's still there and still looks good. The rain has stopped and the lake is quiet. Absolutely beautiful.

Thank you God, for this gift of this life.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment