Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday 07.01.2010

I didn't sleep much, and before long it was time to get up. I got ready and left for work.

A safe drive down, thank you God.

When I got there, the night staff looked at me. "Uh oh. Sorry. Didn't know you didn't know that you didn't need to come in this morning." Hm. The day staff were getting their assignments and getting report started. They said they would be ok without me. Oh. Ok. I went next door, to the overflow unit. They were done with report. I asked if they were ok, if they needed me. Nope. Sorry you came in. Hm.

We have a policy that if you come to work and you're not needed, you can stay 4 hours and get paid. Or if you've clocked in, you can clock out and get paid just for that time. I don't have to stay and get 4 hours of pay. I waited until the day shift was done with their report before I clocked out, which was about 0715. I had business I needed to do during business hours while in Jackson, and I dawdled before leaving the building, which didn't do any good, because the credit union didn't open until 9, and there wasn't anyone at the oil change place at 8:05. So much for that. I went home.

Dan was still sleeping at 0900, though he had been awake and had turned on the radio. I put things away, and with the little bit of noise, he woke. I explained what had happened as I laid on the bed, too. He ended up remembering that he needed to get a fasting lab draw done and went over to that office. I dozed off for a while.

When I woke, he still wasn't home. Or so I thought. He was down in the garage taking care of his golf stuff from his trip.

By this time, it was 11 or so. Since he hadn't eaten, and my breakfast was at 0515, we decided to go out for brunch. We ended up at the Flap Jack Shack, he had breakfast and I had lunch.

From there we went next door to Lowe's and bought a mixed planter of flowers for the balcony.

Back at home we took care of some housekeeping stuff. Dan ended up laying down again. I had a meeting in Jackson at 4:30, but still needed to do the banking and other errands, so I left about 3.

First stop, one credit union, then across town to another. Back to the oil change, then to the meeting. There, got those errands done.

The meeting was informative, kind of a pep talk about how good our unit is doing fiscally. When I got home, Dan had dinner ready to finish cooking. Woo Hoo! He did pretty good, too. I cleaned the kitchen, though, afterwards.

I took the first Femara tablet this afternoon, and I will say that the hot flashes have been less frequent, definitely. I hope that's a good thing to stay. Of course, it's only the first dose. Time will tell.

I've been sitting here writing, and watched a young hummingbird at the feeder. Fluffy, unsure of getting that long beak into the feeder hole. Kind of funny. It stayed about 15 minutes. Neat.

And I'm trying to stay awake, so I'm going to go to bed. Tomorrow is a scheduled work day for me, and Dan, too. ( I had said yes when they were looking for help for today. The day supervisor who called me yesterday said that there had been more discharges than anticipated, and thanked me for coming in anyway. )

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment