Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday 07.18.2010

Sloppy sleep. Woke up to an overcast sky, and then I heard it raining.

Diane was up, but didn't want to fish in the rain. We kind of putzed around, got her room cleaned for her to leave and Vonnie to move into. She (Vonnie) is expected to arrive about noon.

And she did. We had a great afternoon laughing and talking.

Frank and his friends/co-workers from Allskate, Liz and Ashley, also arrived about 4:30. We all had a great time laughing and getting to know each other.

Diane finished getting her things together and packing, and Frank helped her load the car. It had been raining pretty good, but had let up to a drizzle, and she got on her way by 7 PM.

Frank and the girls fixed nacho fixin's. It was pretty good. He cleaned the kitchen, too, and went into Hale to fill the gas cans for the speedboat tomorrow.

The rain finally stopped about 9. Temps have dropped from low 70's to low 60's. Looking at the weather map, no more rain is predicted, and temps are to be in the mid 70's.

My hands feel a little swollen even though I've been drinking lots today. That wrist is pretty sore again tonight, too.

I'm looking forward to playing in the speedboat tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!
    That was an absolutely AMAZING weekend! Thank you so very, very much my dear, sweet and very generous cousin Kathy. "Chi-miigwetch" goes to Dan too, for opening his home to me. It's such a pleasure and an honor to be able to spend such quality time with you, and I get to do it again in a few weeks! Woo hoo!
    Thanks to Frank for loading my car for me. Muah. Thanks so much to Jim for trying to fix my fishing pole, which I inadvertently left behind. (Oops.)
    It was such a pleasure to visit with Vonnie too. The absent years just seem to vanish away.
    I sure do love my family and Praise God for such blessings in my life.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your time at the lake, but I'm sure that you will.
    C U soon.
    Love ya,
    Di

    ReplyDelete